Sunday, January 3, 2010

My Writing Life

This is a new year. I decided to change the way my writing life breath. Before, I could hardly write an article in a week, it is because I waited on the good feelings I want to have when writing. Now, I will write as much as I can, if it is possible to write everyday, then that is what I am going to do. A paragraph a day or an article a day can help me improve my writing, and at the same time, can give a fresh article on my blogs as well. I want to quote a phrase I read recently, I believe this can help any aspiring writer out there, it goes "Nora Roberts, the remarkable and not uncomplicated writer who generates book after book, said in -The New Yorker - this summer, when asked for writing advice: Put your ass in the chair." Meaning, don't say, I will write this year after I get a new job, If I had the place, If I had the time. If we wait on the circumstance to appear in our favor, you can't learn how to write well; to become an expert in writing, we have to practice doing it. About my writing this new year, all I can say is, I have to do it often, and it doesn't matter if the circumstance is good or not. Happy new year!

No comments: